Human is a social animal but that doesn’t mean being social brings you happiness and peace. Sometimes it’s very important to spend time with yourself. We are very well aware of what others want from their lives, what are their goals, why are they sad etc.. etc.. But have you ever taken time to ask yourself how are you feeling? What makes you happy? What you actually want from your life? Very rarely, right. This is because we do not practice solitude. There’s a difference between solitude and feeling depressed. People generally tend to think that the person who doesn’t talk much or who is not that into making friends etc.. is depressed. I just don’t know where does this come from but I know one thing that these judgemental people aren’t aware of various personality traits mentioned in psychology.
Why I love to spend time with myself?
- It helps me to be more mindful– I can give more attention to the things present in my surrounding and enjoy the beauty of the things which we generally ignore when we are in a group.
- I don’t have to compromise- there’s a different feeling when you go to the cafeteria alone. It’s damn refreshing. It’s really fun to watch the people around you. Every sip of coffee tastes different. When the hot coffee touches your lips it’s really a bliss. The aroma of coffee beans makes your endorphin levels go high.
- It makes me feel more independent and stronger – why I should wait for someone else get ready? Sometimes you are your best companion. Who says you are walking alone? There are many other people walking on the same path. The vehicles, the trees covering the way, the breeze blowing your hair away, the bright light of the sun which helps you to find your way and the infinite sky telling you to sway. It fills you with confidence and strength to face any situation of your life. So if you want to be strong learn to travel alone.
- I don’t have to listen to gossips-i hate gossiping. I don’t know what joy people derive by finding faults in others. If I’m alone I can feed my mind with the positive thoughts and this will motivate me to carry out my tasks
- I save more time- whenever I feel like going outside for a coffee or shopping or walking I generally prefer to go alone because it really saves a lot of time and I enjoy it. But above all, the questions people asks seems weird to me. But that doesn’t matter. After all, do what makes you feel alive. Don’t imitate others. Let’s not give a damn to those weird questions. All you have to do is “smile” and leave.