There are lot of books and stuffs out there which talks about planning your goals and life but i believe life has it’s own path. Sometimes you can’t even imagine in your wildest dreams what life can bring forth. If you put your 24 hrs in planning Part A of your life and you end up landing on the destination of part B. It’s good to have goals, ambitions and plans but what makes life dull is when you take those plans too seriously. Most of the time in our lives we find ourselves dwelling in the past or planning too much about the future which is completely an illusion. If you really wish to be happy and avoid all sorts of regrets in life then take your decisions based on the present scenario keeping a blur idea of the future. This decision will be completely rational and one day you would thank yourself that you took that decision. While making any choice or putting yourself into something always remember that “change is the only constant”. We all change with time based on the situations and priorities in our lives so if you are someone who expect things to remain the same then believe me you would end up getting disappointed in life because change is the universal law of nature. So, next time when you take any decision in life keep in mind that things may not go as per your plan but you are provided with enough potential to mold yourself based on the demand of the situation. The voice that will guide you to right decisions in your life is- “your gut“. Many times we turn a blind eye to our inner voice thinking that what if we may make wrong choices but believe me deep inside you always know what’s right and wrong for you, so bring your attention inside, focus within and trust your gut if you wish to avoid all the rut.
Life is very interesting journey but what makes it more meaningful are the decisions and choices we make. In this post i would like to share some important life lessons which will help you for sure at each and every stage of your life.
- One thing at a time: if you think you can multitask then you are dwelling in the biggest illusion. you must remind yourself again and again that multitasking is the biggest myth. You must practice focus. Focus and concentration come through practice. The way you exercise your body muscles by going to the gym, similarly, you must train your brain too if you really want to achieve your goals. to do this you must learn to prioritize things well. This won’t happen in your head. You must write things down on the piece of paper then act on that basis.
- Keep yourself calm: your brain functions at its best when it is totally at peace. Only you can ensure how to keep your mind calm in every situation. Never make important decisions when you are too excited, stressed or angry. Go for a walk, take some deep breath, listen to music etc.. I would suggest to write all your troubling thoughts on the paper.
- Attitude matters: people will watch innumerable motivational videos, read number of self help books but still cannot change their negative attitude. Tell me if worrying would have solved all the problems then everyone on this earth would begin their day shedding tears or yelling at someone. “Worry” is your biggest enemy and the worst energy sucker. Worrying about things only stop you from enjoying the “present moments”. Lets learn from the plants. The plants in the deserts don’t worry thinking about the harsh climate outside. These plants develop mechanisms that help them to deal with the harsh conditions like modification in their leaves, developing a thin film of waxy layer to prevent water loss etc.. We all know that our thoughts are totally our choice then better to choose thoughts that make you happy. Be happy… be optimistic… life is too short to be sad.
- Focus on your growth: don’t waste your precious time and energy behind people who take you for granted. Never cling on to anything. If someone wants to walk away from your life then let them happily go. If someone give rise to negativity then eliminate them totally from your life and thoughts. These people can only add toxicity in your life, beware. You have certain goals which demand a hell lot of energy. Always keep yourself at the top of your priority list. You are not on this earth to please everyone but at least you have total control on how to please yourself.
- Value those who truly cares for you: there are some people in your life who love you unconditionally. Never bring tears to their eyes because sometimes you never know they make you their first priority keeping everything aside. Never miss a chance to make them feel special. They can be your parents, your friends, your spouse..etc..
- Be kind: in the hustle and bustle of our lives we are forgetting how to be kindhearted. We yell unnecessary on people who never did anything wrong. Always remember each and everyone on this earth is going through one or the other struggles of their life. The only difference is some keep things to themselves and some like to share. So, whenever you come across anyone then please be kind to them because words have the power to heal the ailments which medicines cant.
Hello friends, i know its been so long since i have posted my last blog. But today i have come up with the post where i would love to share certain qualities which i have referred here to as “weapons”. So,without a further ado let me introduce you to these weapons which all of us have but very few of us are actually aware of and don’t make the proper use of it.
- Self-belief: whatever you want to do in life whether it’s cracking a competitive exam, starting your own enterprise or writing a book, etc..etc.. The first thing you need is self belief. Self belief is that weapon which would save you when people would fire the bullets of criticism, discouragement on you. This self belief would act as a shield during your most difficult times and would ignite a fire in you to “keep going”.
- Patience: things won’t come to you within a blink of an eye or a snap of a finger. you gotta wait a little. The one who can develop patience can achieve bigger and greater things in life and would also become a better person. Remember, everything happens at it’s own pace.
- The habit of letting go: if you cling on to your past mistakes or past achievements then you would lose out on the opportunities which are coming your way. Everyday is a new opportunity to make yourself aware of your hidden potential. Make the best use of it. Tomorrow has got nothing to do with what you achieved yesterday or what you lost. So, learn to start afresh every single day with a new level of enthusiasm.
- Focus: multitasking is a myth. You gotta be totally focused at what you want to do keeping all the unimportant things behind and to develop this unwavering focus you must learn to prioritize things and your tasks in a right manner.
- Be yourself: so many people….so many opinions. but your views, your decisions and your choices are unique. Always remember you are very precious. There’s no one like you in this whole universe. So,always be true to your nature.
Book on the table
Waiting for you to unravel the chapter
Eyes trying to converge all attention on the black letters printed on the white pages
But mind jumping like a naughty monkey blurr the vision of the eyes and now the letters just seem like black dots on the white canvas
One thought leads to the other and the cycle never stops
From the thought of what you had for your breakfast to the thought of what your friend told you last week
Pondering over yesterday’s problems or day dreaming about the future events
A different drama plays in your head where you are the director and also play the role of actor and spectator
The thoughts of career and when to begin your preparations for the exams
The thoughts of the mouth watering delicious cuisines
Sometimes you catch yourself imagining in the dress you saw last Sunday in the shop
Sometimes the thoughts of money you have already spend and now thinking how you could have saved it…
Sometimes the thoughts of meeting your family or friends whom you have been missing from the past few days
Well… It’s never ending story of thoughts
And the more you try to put your mind to focus… The more it jumps from one place to another
Many times we all hear “follow your passion“. But, I would like to put it in a slightly different manner :” Dive into any activity which thrills you from the bottom of your heart and one day your passion will follow you“. To pursue your passion you don’t need to seek validation or an outside approval. Many a times your passion may turn out to be your profession but this isn’t true in all the cases. Does that mean you should not take some time out for your passion? No. I have seen people doubting their passions when they are not able to pay their bills by it. See passion, hobbies are the activities which brings you closer to “yourself”. Whenever you are doing things in which you completely lose the sense of the surrounding and time is called “Passion”. The amount of self satisfaction you would get in return would be beyond any measure.
For example, writing is one of my passion. That doesn’t mean that I need to be a published author to write what I want to. All I need is a platform where I can express my thoughts and freely convey my feelings on whichever topic I want. Similarly, take some time out from your profession to do things for which you are truly and deeply passionate because life is too short to sit and wait for the right time. Try spending less time in gossips and unproductive activities. Do something productive each and every day. It can be anything.
Do share the activities for which you are truly passionate in the comments. Would love to hear from you.
Let me share with you my passions :
- Reading books
- Public speaking
- Improving my English vocabulary
Bring that inner desire in you to make a difference before you leave this world…. Only then you would be able to live like legends…
Today you may be on cloud nine..
Tomorrow you may feel devastated…
Day after tomorrow the situation exacerbates and you start feeling perplexed..
You would definitely work more when you feel good and won’t feel like doing anything when you feel low. What does that mean? This shows your mind and thoughts are controlling your actions and your response to the situations is decided by your mindset. But mind is your tool and it’s work is to serve you. Are you getting what I am trying to convey here?
We all set goals, we all have high aspirations but very few among us can maintain consistency. The reason is that most of the times our external environment influence our thoughts so much that indirectly it creates a huge impact on our performance. Then how can one tackle this?
The only solution is –you gotta be mindful of your thoughts and remind yourself again and again that you are the master of your brain. You can change your thoughts and feelings. The moment you do this you start taking charge of your life. This will help you to keep progressing inspite of feeling low because now you know that feelings are temporary but your work plays a major role.
In life you would face thousands of situations and meet so many people with differing opinions. Imagine what would happen if you keep disturbing your mindset based on all these external factors. Your head is gonna blast one day😂😂…
So from now onwards let’s keep it this way : “I don’t give a damn what may come “…take a chill pill guys..
The seed when sown in the soil has to face so many vagaries of the nature but still grows into a plant one day bearing fruits..
Once in a lifetime we all come across situations when we feel very blank, lonely, empty, etc.. The reasons may be many and sometimes it’s difficult to choose one. But don’t worry. Here I am to share few tips that will help you to overcome loneliness:
- Write down your feelings : take a pen and a paper. Pour your thoughts on the paper. Let the pen be the channel between your brain and the paper. Let your thoughts flow like butter. Don’t judge your thoughts. This will really lighten your mind. You will feel a bit relaxed. The more interesting way to do this is start writing poem or post on your blog.
- Talk to your loved ones : we are humans and we all need someone with whom we feel comfortable to share our feelings. So, pick your phone, call your parents or your spouse,etc.. and let them know how are you feeling.
- Try to see the positive side of things : I know it’s easy to say than done but why harm yourself indulging in negative thinking. Try to show gratitude and appreciate things that really means a lot to you. One day everything’s gonna make sense. Believe me. These feelings are temporary and always remember you are strong enough to handle things on your own.
- Read: start reading books which suits your genre. Nowadays you can read books online. So, what are you waiting for. Relate yourself to your favourite character. Try forming your stories in your head.
- Sleep: the best thing you can do when you are feeling lonely is close your eyes and sleep. You will wake up fresh.
The sun is only one but the stars are many..imagine what would happen if the sun would also start feeling lonely and stops shining….
I know you feel very happy when you send a friend request to someone and that person accepts it. I know you feel very happy when people comment on your uploaded pictures and sometimes you spoil your whole day pondering about the one negative comment on your photo. You start doubting your looks and feel insecure about yourself. But you forget that these comments and likes are just the part of virtual world and the people who do that are just sitting and scrolling down their phone’s screen. A friend on social media doesn’t know you as a person and cannot develop a true connection to understand your emotions.
Nowadays, we all are losing on our communication skills and the reason being lack of face to face conversations. People read many books on how to be a good communicator and join classes too. But it’s all about dealing with it pragmatically. Go and talk to people. There is no substitute for face to face conversations where people exchange ideas, share their opinions, discuss life incidences and understand each other. This helps you to see the world through a different lens and from wider angles. You become more flexible and open to learning. A sense of curiosity arises in you to know more about different things happening in life.
So, from now onwards instead of spending hours on instagram and facebook liking photos and commenting why not call a friend for a coffee and have fascinating conversations? Why not take your parents for a dinner where you have deep conversations and develop a more strong bonding?
“Everyone has a story to share but all are waiting for a ear to hear them non judgementally”
Walking on the path
Trying to find a way which calms my heart
Looking at those who already reached their destination
Thinking why am I still stuck on the way not able to figure out my passion
Is it my fault? Or I’m being taken away by outside competition?
It’s time to focus on my journey
But there are moments when I find myself disappointed when I go for the option of comparison
They say we all are unique in our own way
Then why are we still stuck in this cycle of competition and comparison everyday?
I’m the author of my life
If I start narrating my life story using someone else’s words then that won’t differentiate my life from someone else’s life
Some fault is mine and for the rest I would blame the world
The world that always wants a scale to measure someone’s beauty, intelligence or success
Ask yourself a genuine question :Aren’t we all busy in comparison than finding satisfaction in what we have?
Remember, your teachers always told you to develop a habit of reading. But we never touched any other book except the one prescribed by our syllabus to ace our exams just to get marks. If I ask you how do you spend your leisure? First of all many of you would think for a while and say surfing the net, watching the number of likes on facebook and instagram, isn’t it? But guys have you ever given a thought to what good does all these likes and posts do to you…
But I know a lot of you would definitely be spending your free time reading books. You are on the right track…
Everyone will say we should read books but only few knows why? Unless and until you know the purpose of reading you cannot feel intrinsically motivated to dive in the books. Let’s see the reasons of why one should READ:
- Reading stimulates your brain: as exercise is to body reading is to the mind and to keep your mind active you must start reading. It reduces the risk of Alzheimer’s and dementia. It’s the best work out for your brain.
- Reduces stress : try diving into a good read. It would definitely help you to soothe your mind. This will keep you relax. So take some time out from your busy schedule to read your favourite book.
- Improve your memory : when you read a book you try to remember the characters and the story. This helps to form new neural pathways and keeps your brain active. You try to imagine the characters and this helps to improve your memory.
- Enhance vocabulary : are you running out of words or do you sound redundant when you describe something? You can overcome this by reading books. The more you read the more words you are exposed to and this will help you to use the right word at the right time.
- Write better: all the great writers are well read people. Reading exposes you to varied styles of writing and this will help you to enhance your writing skills.
- Books are really the true friends : Many of you may not like to socialise more. Sometimes even your true friends may be demanding. But a book never demands anything in return and helps you to learn a lot of lessons which you can apply in your daily life.
Four years ago if someone would ask me to recommend a good book then I would google it and tell them. But today if you ask me the same question then I can suggest you the best books when it comes to non fiction genre. Reading has changed my life. So go and grab a book and start reading.
The treasure hidden in the books cannot be measured from outside..
You gotta dive into the book to realize it’s beauty…
Here are the few books which I really loved reading and would suggest you to read:
- Who will cry when you die? By Robin Sharma
- The leader who had no title : by Robin Sharma
- Rich dad ,poor dad : by Robert Kiyosaki and Sharon Letcher
- Who moved my cheese? By Spencer Johnson
- The power of your subconscious mind : by Joseph Murthy