The human brain is an immensely powerful organ
It provides you with the courage to face your fears
And can also compel you to choose the “flight” response and RUN
None of the battles in the battlefield are won without winning over your “MONKEY MIND”
Responding and reacting when angry is more easier than listening patiently and remain kind
But what most of us forget??
We forget that the mind is an organ in “OUR BODY”
It is like a tool and we should not allow it to rule
If you think you are a slave to your mind then you are definitely making yourself a fool
Whether it’s about catching the flight or train in the last minute….
Whether it’s about beating the exam stress….
Whether it is combating the stage fear….
You cannot succeed at any of them until and unless you make your mind clear
Always remember the water when still seems so calm
But the same water when filled with waves and tides can cause mass destruction too…
No one is perfect. We all know this but very few of us are ready to accept the people the way they are. The most foolish thing someone can do is judge someone’s character when they are angry, sad, going through a rough phase or may be some emotional issues. Tell me how many of you would say no when someone has invited you for their birthday party or marriage or any happy occasion? Very few of you. The reason is we all want to be the part of someone’s success and happiness. But let me remind you the person who is happy can remain happy without you accompanying him/her. The person needs a helping hand or just a ear to listen to them in a non judgmental way when they are going through their tough phase. That phase can be of any sort. We all are humans and humans can survive on their own. That comes naturally to us. But lets not forget that what makes us different from the robots are “our emotions”. Well…nowadays if you laugh and always keep smiling in front of someone then they appreciate but that is also an emotion right. Then why expressing sorrows or shedding tears are not given equal respect? After all a person is just being expressive about their emotions. Do you think being expressive is wrong? Every time things cannot be HUNKY DORY. Sharing the stories of success and fame is appreciated but when someone is sharing the experience of their phase of depression or any trauma then that is considered as the sign of weakness in our society. People who influence others by being fake become the part of the huge friend circle but the one who is transparent and honest about their feelings have few friends. I know judging comes naturally to humans because are brains are wired that way to make right decisions in life but “there’s a lot of difference in judging some situation or obstacle and judging someone’s character“. We never realize this difference and apply the same principles in forming perceptions about people. You know from our childhood days our teachers always told us “If you point one finger at someone then the rest of the fingers are pointing at you”. This is something worth remembering.
Showing emotion is not a sign of weakness. While it’s healthy social skill to be able to behave professionally even when you are not feeling at the top of your game, letting your guard down at socially appropriate times isn’t a sign of weakness. In fact, being aware of your emotions and making a conscious choice to share those emotions with others is actually a sign of strength. Always remember if someone opens a chapter of their life on your desk then realize “how much you mean to them”. Nowadays you may get lots of friends who would love to hang out with you but it’s not easy to find a companion. So, embrace the imperfections in everyone. We all are independent but even the ecosystem cannot sustain itself without the “inter dependency”. Just because someone wants to be with you doesn’t mean that person is dependent or attached to you. There are times when your loved one truly needs you.
Just like a pot of boiling water- trying to keep the lid on- all that hot bubbling water will cause the lid to rattle. Our emotions are no different. There’s nothing wrong in being authentic about your feelings.
It’s time to uncover what is weighing you down. Emotions are not a sign of weakness. They are a sign of courage and transparency. The books written by the author are appreciated more when the reader can feel the emotions. The movies would have never appreciated if emotions wouldn’t have been part of them.So, let’s change our lens to see emotions.
When my feet trembled and my heart was scared
When I was on the road full of pebbles and thorns
You, became my strength
You gave me the courage to face all the ups and downs
You held my hand to help me get up again when I fell down
Many times I feel there’s no one around except the solitude..
Then I hear your voice “I am there”
You are the first thought in my mind the moment I wake up
You are part of me now
You keep me alive
Now, I don’t care about anything else on the earth
Only I know how much you mean to me
The only thing that matters to me now is “You” – my goals, ambitions and my dreams
Life is very interesting journey but what makes it more meaningful are the decisions and choices we make. In this post i would like to share some important life lessons which will help you for sure at each and every stage of your life.
- One thing at a time: if you think you can multitask then you are dwelling in the biggest illusion. you must remind yourself again and again that multitasking is the biggest myth. You must practice focus. Focus and concentration come through practice. The way you exercise your body muscles by going to the gym, similarly, you must train your brain too if you really want to achieve your goals. to do this you must learn to prioritize things well. This won’t happen in your head. You must write things down on the piece of paper then act on that basis.
- Keep yourself calm: your brain functions at its best when it is totally at peace. Only you can ensure how to keep your mind calm in every situation. Never make important decisions when you are too excited, stressed or angry. Go for a walk, take some deep breath, listen to music etc.. I would suggest to write all your troubling thoughts on the paper.
- Attitude matters: people will watch innumerable motivational videos, read number of self help books but still cannot change their negative attitude. Tell me if worrying would have solved all the problems then everyone on this earth would begin their day shedding tears or yelling at someone. “Worry” is your biggest enemy and the worst energy sucker. Worrying about things only stop you from enjoying the “present moments”. Lets learn from the plants. The plants in the deserts don’t worry thinking about the harsh climate outside. These plants develop mechanisms that help them to deal with the harsh conditions like modification in their leaves, developing a thin film of waxy layer to prevent water loss etc.. We all know that our thoughts are totally our choice then better to choose thoughts that make you happy. Be happy… be optimistic… life is too short to be sad.
- Focus on your growth: don’t waste your precious time and energy behind people who take you for granted. Never cling on to anything. If someone wants to walk away from your life then let them happily go. If someone give rise to negativity then eliminate them totally from your life and thoughts. These people can only add toxicity in your life, beware. You have certain goals which demand a hell lot of energy. Always keep yourself at the top of your priority list. You are not on this earth to please everyone but at least you have total control on how to please yourself.
- Value those who truly cares for you: there are some people in your life who love you unconditionally. Never bring tears to their eyes because sometimes you never know they make you their first priority keeping everything aside. Never miss a chance to make them feel special. They can be your parents, your friends, your spouse..etc..
- Be kind: in the hustle and bustle of our lives we are forgetting how to be kindhearted. We yell unnecessary on people who never did anything wrong. Always remember each and everyone on this earth is going through one or the other struggles of their life. The only difference is some keep things to themselves and some like to share. So, whenever you come across anyone then please be kind to them because words have the power to heal the ailments which medicines cant.
Listen to the most recent episode of my podcast: Tips to crack any exam with flying colours https://anchor.fm/jyoti-meena/episodes/Tips-to-crack-any-exam-with-flying-colours-ea0uuk