When my feet trembled and my heart was scared
When I was on the road full of pebbles and thorns
You, became my strength
You gave me the courage to face all the ups and downs
You held my hand to help me get up again when I fell down
Many times I feel there’s no one around except the solitude..
Then I hear your voice “I am there”
You are the first thought in my mind the moment I wake up
You are part of me now
You keep me alive
Now, I don’t care about anything else on the earth
Only I know how much you mean to me
The only thing that matters to me now is “You” – my goals, ambitions and my dreams
Listen to the most recent episode of my podcast: Tips to crack any exam with flying colours https://anchor.fm/jyoti-meena/episodes/Tips-to-crack-any-exam-with-flying-colours-ea0uuk
Book on the table
Waiting for you to unravel the chapter
Eyes trying to converge all attention on the black letters printed on the white pages
But mind jumping like a naughty monkey blurr the vision of the eyes and now the letters just seem like black dots on the white canvas
One thought leads to the other and the cycle never stops
From the thought of what you had for your breakfast to the thought of what your friend told you last week
Pondering over yesterday’s problems or day dreaming about the future events
A different drama plays in your head where you are the director and also play the role of actor and spectator
The thoughts of career and when to begin your preparations for the exams
The thoughts of the mouth watering delicious cuisines
Sometimes you catch yourself imagining in the dress you saw last Sunday in the shop
Sometimes the thoughts of money you have already spend and now thinking how you could have saved it…
Sometimes the thoughts of meeting your family or friends whom you have been missing from the past few days
Well… It’s never ending story of thoughts
And the more you try to put your mind to focus… The more it jumps from one place to another
The palace looked beautiful
But the door was closed
Me…waiting at the door
Thinking someone would come with the key
Unaware of the fact that the key lies in my pocket
Running here and there in search of the key
Restless I felt because I wanted to see what was inside the palace
Few people tried to open the lock thinking the key they have is right one to unlock..
Wrong they were and perplexed I was
Again I started running
Then suddenly fell down and the key too fell from my pocket on the path
Surprised I was but felt excited at the same time because now I can see what was inside the palace
Then opened the door and saw “The treasure of happiness”
Then I realised the key to my happiness lies in my pocket 😊
Walking on the path
Trying to find a way which calms my heart
Looking at those who already reached their destination
Thinking why am I still stuck on the way not able to figure out my passion
Is it my fault? Or I’m being taken away by outside competition?
It’s time to focus on my journey
But there are moments when I find myself disappointed when I go for the option of comparison
They say we all are unique in our own way
Then why are we still stuck in this cycle of competition and comparison everyday?
I’m the author of my life
If I start narrating my life story using someone else’s words then that won’t differentiate my life from someone else’s life
Some fault is mine and for the rest I would blame the world
The world that always wants a scale to measure someone’s beauty, intelligence or success
Ask yourself a genuine question :Aren’t we all busy in comparison than finding satisfaction in what we have?
Remember, your teachers always told you to develop a habit of reading. But we never touched any other book except the one prescribed by our syllabus to ace our exams just to get marks. If I ask you how do you spend your leisure? First of all many of you would think for a while and say surfing the net, watching the number of likes on facebook and instagram, isn’t it? But guys have you ever given a thought to what good does all these likes and posts do to you…
But I know a lot of you would definitely be spending your free time reading books. You are on the right track…
Everyone will say we should read books but only few knows why? Unless and until you know the purpose of reading you cannot feel intrinsically motivated to dive in the books. Let’s see the reasons of why one should READ:
- Reading stimulates your brain: as exercise is to body reading is to the mind and to keep your mind active you must start reading. It reduces the risk of Alzheimer’s and dementia. It’s the best work out for your brain.
- Reduces stress : try diving into a good read. It would definitely help you to soothe your mind. This will keep you relax. So take some time out from your busy schedule to read your favourite book.
- Improve your memory : when you read a book you try to remember the characters and the story. This helps to form new neural pathways and keeps your brain active. You try to imagine the characters and this helps to improve your memory.
- Enhance vocabulary : are you running out of words or do you sound redundant when you describe something? You can overcome this by reading books. The more you read the more words you are exposed to and this will help you to use the right word at the right time.
- Write better: all the great writers are well read people. Reading exposes you to varied styles of writing and this will help you to enhance your writing skills.
- Books are really the true friends : Many of you may not like to socialise more. Sometimes even your true friends may be demanding. But a book never demands anything in return and helps you to learn a lot of lessons which you can apply in your daily life.
Four years ago if someone would ask me to recommend a good book then I would google it and tell them. But today if you ask me the same question then I can suggest you the best books when it comes to non fiction genre. Reading has changed my life. So go and grab a book and start reading.
The treasure hidden in the books cannot be measured from outside..
You gotta dive into the book to realize it’s beauty…
Here are the few books which I really loved reading and would suggest you to read:
- Who will cry when you die? By Robin Sharma
- The leader who had no title : by Robin Sharma
- Rich dad ,poor dad : by Robert Kiyosaki and Sharon Letcher
- Who moved my cheese? By Spencer Johnson
- The power of your subconscious mind : by Joseph Murthy
A kid is always happy because he or she never fears to be judged by someone, rather they live their every moment to the fullest with a “never fading” wide grin on their faces. But as we grow up we are bombarded with the “dos and donts” which we are told to keep in mind when we face others. This makes us more cautious about our behaviour and thus acts as a barrier to unfold our true nature. This gives rise to comparison and the result of any kind of comparison is always disappointment. Do you really think this is the right way to live our lives?
Many a times we take our lives for granted. We think we have so many days to live. But believe me it isn’t so. You won’t be knowing when the day will come when you would be lying on your deathbed regretting for not letting the real you come out. We know we are unique and different but even then we try to imitate the crowd and later worry about whether people would embrace for who you are or not. The reality is everyone loves originality. Only fake loves fake. So, why bother about being judged by someone who is totally different than you. The most important thing is “your love for yourself“. People will come and go but no one will understand you the way you do. Do what you think is right and let go off the outcome.
Always remember you cannot please everyone but the power to please yourself lies in your hands.