There are lot of books and stuffs out there which talks about planning your goals and life but i believe life has it’s own path. Sometimes you can’t even imagine in your wildest dreams what life can bring forth. If you put your 24 hrs in planning Part A of your life and you end up landing on the destination of part B. It’s good to have goals, ambitions and plans but what makes life dull is when you take those plans too seriously. Most of the time in our lives we find ourselves dwelling in the past or planning too much about the future which is completely an illusion. If you really wish to be happy and avoid all sorts of regrets in life then take your decisions based on the present scenario keeping a blur idea of the future. This decision will be completely rational and one day you would thank yourself that you took that decision. While making any choice or putting yourself into something always remember that “change is the only constant”. We all change with time based on the situations and priorities in our lives so if you are someone who expect things to remain the same then believe me you would end up getting disappointed in life because change is the universal law of nature. So, next time when you take any decision in life keep in mind that things may not go as per your plan but you are provided with enough potential to mold yourself based on the demand of the situation. The voice that will guide you to right decisions in your life is- “your gut“. Many times we turn a blind eye to our inner voice thinking that what if we may make wrong choices but believe me deep inside you always know what’s right and wrong for you, so bring your attention inside, focus within and trust your gut if you wish to avoid all the rut.
“Earning a living is not difficult….living your dream makes your life worth living”Jyoti Meena
The newly born child cannot say what he or she is meant to contribute to the world. The same child grows into an adult and even then he/she is not able to figure out their passion or purpose. Many of us think those who are passionate about something is their inborn talent or they figured out things at early age. Many times we call it luck. But none of this is true. Those who are passionate about something have actually spend more time doing that activity, tried to discover it’s depth and hence they understood the things from the core in that particular area. This is no easy task. This do requires patience, perseverance and razor sharp focus. Most of the time people have preconceived notions about the particular activity or profession. This sucks out the joy of discovering the unknown areas and the person is only concerned about the results. Destinations are always sweeter but the journey is not separate from the destination. Destination is also a part of the journey only. Don’t mistake hard for impossible. It all begins with the mindset.
The journey begins only when you know in which direction you should take your first step. Many of us set small targets, are skeptical about our potential or are waiting for someone to believe in our caliber. Always remember, no one except you know yourself to the core. Only you can set limitations in your path and only you can bring the mountain down to your knees. Many times people judge you based upon your past failures and setbacks. Well..there’s no bigger fool than you if you start doubting yourself based on someone else’s opinion. Opinions are meant to be respected but they are not facts. Let your actions speak. On the other hand there are people who are always their to bolster you up during tough times because they have immense faith in you. If you have such people in your life then don’t forget to take some time out to appreciate them from the bottom of your heart.
The more you understand yourself the easier it is to find areas of your interests. But very few of us spend time in solitude. Most of our time goes in scrolling down on our phone screens or gossiping. Life is too short. You never know what may happen. All the world’s greatest inventions and revolutions initiated from a thought. Observe what you say to yourself. Try to be optimistic. If you are serious of achieving your targets then don’t forget to write them down. Make it part of your thinking. Once you know what you are meant to do then give your heart and soul to it. The journey may be monotonous, tiring or boring but you should not lose your confidence at any cost. You cannot settle for less.No more compromises please.You deserve better.You are meant to create a difference, a dent in the universe. Sometimes, you have to make bold decisions so that you don’t regret later in your life. This requires immense level of courage and self belief. Reconsider what you truly need.
If you agree to things you don’t really want, you are building a life that doesn’t reflect your own needs and identity. Allow yourself to pause and go inward.
When my feet trembled and my heart was scared
When I was on the road full of pebbles and thorns
You, became my strength
You gave me the courage to face all the ups and downs
You held my hand to help me get up again when I fell down
Many times I feel there’s no one around except the solitude..
Then I hear your voice “I am there”
You are the first thought in my mind the moment I wake up
You are part of me now
You keep me alive
Now, I don’t care about anything else on the earth
Only I know how much you mean to me
The only thing that matters to me now is “You” – my goals, ambitions and my dreams
Listen to the most recent episode of my podcast: Tips to crack any exam with flying colours https://anchor.fm/jyoti-meena/episodes/Tips-to-crack-any-exam-with-flying-colours-ea0uuk
Book on the table
Waiting for you to unravel the chapter
Eyes trying to converge all attention on the black letters printed on the white pages
But mind jumping like a naughty monkey blurr the vision of the eyes and now the letters just seem like black dots on the white canvas
One thought leads to the other and the cycle never stops
From the thought of what you had for your breakfast to the thought of what your friend told you last week
Pondering over yesterday’s problems or day dreaming about the future events
A different drama plays in your head where you are the director and also play the role of actor and spectator
The thoughts of career and when to begin your preparations for the exams
The thoughts of the mouth watering delicious cuisines
Sometimes you catch yourself imagining in the dress you saw last Sunday in the shop
Sometimes the thoughts of money you have already spend and now thinking how you could have saved it…
Sometimes the thoughts of meeting your family or friends whom you have been missing from the past few days
Well… It’s never ending story of thoughts
And the more you try to put your mind to focus… The more it jumps from one place to another
The palace looked beautiful
But the door was closed
Me…waiting at the door
Thinking someone would come with the key
Unaware of the fact that the key lies in my pocket
Running here and there in search of the key
Restless I felt because I wanted to see what was inside the palace
Few people tried to open the lock thinking the key they have is right one to unlock..
Wrong they were and perplexed I was
Again I started running
Then suddenly fell down and the key too fell from my pocket on the path
Surprised I was but felt excited at the same time because now I can see what was inside the palace
Then opened the door and saw “The treasure of happiness”
Then I realised the key to my happiness lies in my pocket 😊
Walking on the path
Trying to find a way which calms my heart
Looking at those who already reached their destination
Thinking why am I still stuck on the way not able to figure out my passion
Is it my fault? Or I’m being taken away by outside competition?
It’s time to focus on my journey
But there are moments when I find myself disappointed when I go for the option of comparison
They say we all are unique in our own way
Then why are we still stuck in this cycle of competition and comparison everyday?
I’m the author of my life
If I start narrating my life story using someone else’s words then that won’t differentiate my life from someone else’s life
Some fault is mine and for the rest I would blame the world
The world that always wants a scale to measure someone’s beauty, intelligence or success
Ask yourself a genuine question :Aren’t we all busy in comparison than finding satisfaction in what we have?
Remember, your teachers always told you to develop a habit of reading. But we never touched any other book except the one prescribed by our syllabus to ace our exams just to get marks. If I ask you how do you spend your leisure? First of all many of you would think for a while and say surfing the net, watching the number of likes on facebook and instagram, isn’t it? But guys have you ever given a thought to what good does all these likes and posts do to you…
But I know a lot of you would definitely be spending your free time reading books. You are on the right track…
Everyone will say we should read books but only few knows why? Unless and until you know the purpose of reading you cannot feel intrinsically motivated to dive in the books. Let’s see the reasons of why one should READ:
- Reading stimulates your brain: as exercise is to body reading is to the mind and to keep your mind active you must start reading. It reduces the risk of Alzheimer’s and dementia. It’s the best work out for your brain.
- Reduces stress : try diving into a good read. It would definitely help you to soothe your mind. This will keep you relax. So take some time out from your busy schedule to read your favourite book.
- Improve your memory : when you read a book you try to remember the characters and the story. This helps to form new neural pathways and keeps your brain active. You try to imagine the characters and this helps to improve your memory.
- Enhance vocabulary : are you running out of words or do you sound redundant when you describe something? You can overcome this by reading books. The more you read the more words you are exposed to and this will help you to use the right word at the right time.
- Write better: all the great writers are well read people. Reading exposes you to varied styles of writing and this will help you to enhance your writing skills.
- Books are really the true friends : Many of you may not like to socialise more. Sometimes even your true friends may be demanding. But a book never demands anything in return and helps you to learn a lot of lessons which you can apply in your daily life.
Four years ago if someone would ask me to recommend a good book then I would google it and tell them. But today if you ask me the same question then I can suggest you the best books when it comes to non fiction genre. Reading has changed my life. So go and grab a book and start reading.
The treasure hidden in the books cannot be measured from outside..
You gotta dive into the book to realize it’s beauty…
Here are the few books which I really loved reading and would suggest you to read:
- Who will cry when you die? By Robin Sharma
- The leader who had no title : by Robin Sharma
- Rich dad ,poor dad : by Robert Kiyosaki and Sharon Letcher
- Who moved my cheese? By Spencer Johnson
- The power of your subconscious mind : by Joseph Murthy
A kid is always happy because he or she never fears to be judged by someone, rather they live their every moment to the fullest with a “never fading” wide grin on their faces. But as we grow up we are bombarded with the “dos and donts” which we are told to keep in mind when we face others. This makes us more cautious about our behaviour and thus acts as a barrier to unfold our true nature. This gives rise to comparison and the result of any kind of comparison is always disappointment. Do you really think this is the right way to live our lives?
Many a times we take our lives for granted. We think we have so many days to live. But believe me it isn’t so. You won’t be knowing when the day will come when you would be lying on your deathbed regretting for not letting the real you come out. We know we are unique and different but even then we try to imitate the crowd and later worry about whether people would embrace for who you are or not. The reality is everyone loves originality. Only fake loves fake. So, why bother about being judged by someone who is totally different than you. The most important thing is “your love for yourself“. People will come and go but no one will understand you the way you do. Do what you think is right and let go off the outcome.
Always remember you cannot please everyone but the power to please yourself lies in your hands.
Once you finish your schooling you are faced with these “competitive exams” for your bachelor’s degree program or masters or post doctorate etc.. etc.. Different exams are related to different courses but the strategy to crack any competitive exam remains the same. So here I am to share some of the tips which would be very helpful for you to ace these exams:
- Positive mindset: your mindset plays the most important role before you begin your journey of examinations. People around you may or may not support you in your journey but you must have immense faith in your abilities. Treat exams like exams. Don’t link the happiness of your life with success or failure in exams.
- Go through the syllabus and previous year question papers: the basic strategy to crack the examination remains the same every year and to form that strategy you must go through the syllabus and previous year question papers. This will help you to to focus on topics which has greater cost benefit ratio in turn help you to be more directional and productive in your preparation.
- Less is more: once you know what the exam is all about so now it’s time to choose the weapons. These weapons are the sources you need to put your hands on to ace the particular exam. Always remember that you choose the relevant sources and not waste your time over too many books. It’s better to revise one effective book hundred times than to waste your precious time reading things that won’t benefit you at all in the exams.
- Revise and repeat: no one in this world can be a winner by practising for one day before the final game. You gotta revise the things time and again so that it completely get drilled in your head and help you to understand the topics in depth.
- Don’t substitute basic books with high standard books: even if you are a master in any field never forget to start with the basics. That’s why it’s called “base”. Unless and until you have a strong unshakeable base you cannot think of making your concepts clear. Once you finish reading simple stuffs then it becomes easy for you to comprehend the tough material. But remember not to go for too tough material otherwise you would spend more time over one topic which may not fetch you satisfying results.
- Test yourself: test is very important if you want to make yourself aware of the weakness and strength in any particular subject. While giving test never forget to analyse your performance and focus on areas which need improvement.
Well… these were the tips I wanted to share with you and I hope it would definitely help you in your exam preparation phase.
Good luck…be confident😊👍