Life is very interesting journey but what makes it more meaningful are the decisions and choices we make. In this post i would like to share some important life lessons which will help you for sure at each and every stage of your life.
- One thing at a time: if you think you can multitask then you are dwelling in the biggest illusion. you must remind yourself again and again that multitasking is the biggest myth. You must practice focus. Focus and concentration come through practice. The way you exercise your body muscles by going to the gym, similarly, you must train your brain too if you really want to achieve your goals. to do this you must learn to prioritize things well. This won’t happen in your head. You must write things down on the piece of paper then act on that basis.
- Keep yourself calm: your brain functions at its best when it is totally at peace. Only you can ensure how to keep your mind calm in every situation. Never make important decisions when you are too excited, stressed or angry. Go for a walk, take some deep breath, listen to music etc.. I would suggest to write all your troubling thoughts on the paper.
- Attitude matters: people will watch innumerable motivational videos, read number of self help books but still cannot change their negative attitude. Tell me if worrying would have solved all the problems then everyone on this earth would begin their day shedding tears or yelling at someone. “Worry” is your biggest enemy and the worst energy sucker. Worrying about things only stop you from enjoying the “present moments”. Lets learn from the plants. The plants in the deserts don’t worry thinking about the harsh climate outside. These plants develop mechanisms that help them to deal with the harsh conditions like modification in their leaves, developing a thin film of waxy layer to prevent water loss etc.. We all know that our thoughts are totally our choice then better to choose thoughts that make you happy. Be happy… be optimistic… life is too short to be sad.
- Focus on your growth: don’t waste your precious time and energy behind people who take you for granted. Never cling on to anything. If someone wants to walk away from your life then let them happily go. If someone give rise to negativity then eliminate them totally from your life and thoughts. These people can only add toxicity in your life, beware. You have certain goals which demand a hell lot of energy. Always keep yourself at the top of your priority list. You are not on this earth to please everyone but at least you have total control on how to please yourself.
- Value those who truly cares for you: there are some people in your life who love you unconditionally. Never bring tears to their eyes because sometimes you never know they make you their first priority keeping everything aside. Never miss a chance to make them feel special. They can be your parents, your friends, your spouse..etc..
- Be kind: in the hustle and bustle of our lives we are forgetting how to be kindhearted. We yell unnecessary on people who never did anything wrong. Always remember each and everyone on this earth is going through one or the other struggles of their life. The only difference is some keep things to themselves and some like to share. So, whenever you come across anyone then please be kind to them because words have the power to heal the ailments which medicines cant.
Hello friends, i know its been so long since i have posted my last blog. But today i have come up with the post where i would love to share certain qualities which i have referred here to as “weapons”. So,without a further ado let me introduce you to these weapons which all of us have but very few of us are actually aware of and don’t make the proper use of it.
- Self-belief: whatever you want to do in life whether it’s cracking a competitive exam, starting your own enterprise or writing a book, etc..etc.. The first thing you need is self belief. Self belief is that weapon which would save you when people would fire the bullets of criticism, discouragement on you. This self belief would act as a shield during your most difficult times and would ignite a fire in you to “keep going”.
- Patience: things won’t come to you within a blink of an eye or a snap of a finger. you gotta wait a little. The one who can develop patience can achieve bigger and greater things in life and would also become a better person. Remember, everything happens at it’s own pace.
- The habit of letting go: if you cling on to your past mistakes or past achievements then you would lose out on the opportunities which are coming your way. Everyday is a new opportunity to make yourself aware of your hidden potential. Make the best use of it. Tomorrow has got nothing to do with what you achieved yesterday or what you lost. So, learn to start afresh every single day with a new level of enthusiasm.
- Focus: multitasking is a myth. You gotta be totally focused at what you want to do keeping all the unimportant things behind and to develop this unwavering focus you must learn to prioritize things and your tasks in a right manner.
- Be yourself: so many people….so many opinions. but your views, your decisions and your choices are unique. Always remember you are very precious. There’s no one like you in this whole universe. So,always be true to your nature.
When a child falls on the ground while walking or playing then he or she will not consider it as failing. The child will get up quickly and again start with the same pace or may be more enthusiastically. But what happens when you become an adult. You meet different people, you face different situations, you come across various challenges of life. And all these together have a greater influence on the way you see things, the you picturize yourself in your mind and also the goals you set for yourself.
Sometimes, failing again and again at any task may cause to lower your self-esteem and this is where you start developing a pessimistic attitude towards life. Without proper guidance and support at this stage you may start doubting your abilities and question your capabilities and potential.
The first step to live your life fully is to eliminate the word “failure” from the lexicon of your brain. Now you must substitute ” failure” with the word “learning”. When you keep such kind of attitude then you would be always ready to face different challenges and will definitely learn a lot. You may not be good at any particular task at present. But that doesn’t decide whether you are a winner or a loser. With practice and firm determination you can become adroit in any field. All you need is consistent effort and optimistic attitude.
I would like to share these beautiful lines from the book “Mindset” by Carol S. Dweck:
Why waste time proving over and over how great you are, when you could be getting better? Why hide deficiencies instead of overcoming them? Why look for friends or partners who will just shore up your self-esteem instead of ones who will also challenge you to grow? And why seek out the tried and true, instead of experiences that will stretch you? The passion for stretching yourself and sticking to it, even when it’s not going well, is the hallmark of the growth mindset…
The little bird sitting on a branch
Thinking to spread her wings
Waiting for the breeze to blow
She didn’t know her path but still wanted to go..
But where would she go?
“The whole world is yours..don’t be afraid” came the voice from the tree
The tree knew that the bird was bit doubtful and bit scared
“Every one says to follow a particular path but I want to discover the unknown” said the bird in a low voice
A drop of tear started rolling down her cheek…
“You are the beautiful creature of god..you are provided with the beautiful wings.. Go spread your wings and explore the unknown” said the tree
The sun rays fell on the colourful feathers of the bird
The bird was glowing..
With a belief in the heart she decided to begin her flight
Without worrying about anything she decided to go as far as possible
The tree felt happy looking at the cheerful face of the bird
They looked more attractive now
You are born like a book lying blank on the desk
Every page is waiting to be filled with words and narrate the story of your life
You can pick up the pen and start writing the chapters of your life as per your choice
Or can wait for someone else to come and write “your book based on their thoughts and perspective”..
Which one do you think is better?
I feel it’s better to write your story in your own way
Once you start scribbling you cannot erase or tear the page
But you can definitely write a new story from the new page
Sometimes if things don’t go your way
Someone may spill water on the written pages
But that’s not the end of your story
With courage and patience you can start writing again
Let’s not depend on someone else to write your life’s story
Get up and live “your” life
Today you may be confused about what you want to do in your life. Chill.. there’s nothing wrong with it. It’s better to be confused than blindly follow someone’s footsteps. Spend some time with yourself. Find out what interests you the most. Try different things so that you would be able to understand what you love to do. You can do anything but it’s better to do “the thing that makes you feel alive”. Keep exploring and keep learning. You will fall.. You will fail. Don’t let the fear of failure stop you from following your calling. Keep a journal and genuinely write down what makes you happy. Okay..your profession may be different than your passion but you can take out 30 minutes a day for your passion. Life is too short guys and our most of the days are wasted in doing unproductive things or in pleasing others. Start living for yourself. One day you will be lying on the deathbed. The right time to begin anything is now. Be confused…fail..try… get ready to feel embarrassing situation but let nothing extinguish the fire in your soul to follow your dreams. It all starts from a firm belief in yourself.
Morning time is the best time to get new new ideas. You are on the top level of your energy and your mind is totally fresh. New thoughts come to your mind. The warmth and aroma of coffee give you ideas on what topic you should write. This is how the day of a writer begins. In this post I would like to share a past incident of life. I was in class 2. Yes, I was too young to think that one day I would write about that incident “In English”
The story begins…
New place, new people, new school and the innocent me. I was a soft spoken girl, a bit timid and now I had to face these smart and clever students. Before this I studied in a small town school where I never met such kids. Well.. somehow I had to adjust with my surrounding. But I could not find anyone in the school who would help me to cope up with the new environment. The students thought I am dumb because I could not speak English properly and didn’t seem confident and outgoing. You know what they said-” She’s mad, don’t be friends with her, she don’t know anything”. Imagine how would a child at that age feel. I felt heartbroken. I thought to keep this upto myself and not let my parents worry about this. So, I chose to be quite.
Then that day arrived…
Thinking of that event give me jitters. The teacher was dictating the questions and we had to write the answers in our notebooks. Yes, it was English class. I was not able to understand almost anything because I attended the classes late and now suddenly I had to deal with this class test. My notebook was blank and so was my mind. I was hell scared. The teacher was damn strict. Then she started checking our notebooks. She came to my place and looked at me as if she’s gonna eat me. I still remember that furious look on her face. She asked me to show the notebook. I denied and then she snatched it from me. She didn’t even bothered to know the reason and started slapping me…left and right. My chubby cheeks turned red. I was shivering. Nobody in my life slapped me that tightly. Then she took out her scale and started beating me. My palms went numb. All you could see was the tears rolling down my cheeks and I had no one around to console me. The whole class was laughing at me.
I went home in the afternoon. I was not talking to anyone. I was very scared. My mother somehow sensed my feelings by looking at the cute red swollen cheeks. Then she told everything to my father. The next day I totally refused to go to school. I cried and cried. I told I don’t want to study and wanna be at home. Imagine how scared I would have been. Then, somehow my father encouraged me and convinced me to go to school. He talked to my teacher and told her that it’s a new place for me and I assured her with time I would learn things.
I tried my level best to score good in the exams and with my consistent efforts I became the topper of my class. The students came to me to solve their doubts. I became the favourite student of the teacher who slapped me once. She loved me so much and even today she remember me. I was able to communicate in English with my fellow students and teachers. You know what… today English is my favourite language. I don’t know what but there’s something about this language that fascinates my mind. I also represented my University in debate and elocution at the National level. Then I started writing blogs and still there are miles to go and lot to improve….
All I wanna say is sometimes the incidents of your own life can help you to learn so many lessons. This post is not about how I became a topper or learned to speak English. It’s actually about how strong I would have been at that age to gather courage and prove myself…